Mission StatementThe City of University City Municipal Code identifies the responsibility of the University City Police Department as the protection of rights of persons, the enforcement of ordinances and regulations, and the preservation of peace, order, and safety.
With the City Code as a mandate for service, elements of the Mission Statement of the University City Police Department are identified as:
View the University City Police Department's Use of Force Policy here.
- To prevent and repress crime.
- To detect criminal activity and apprehend offenders.
- To protect life and property.
- To facilitate the safe movement of people and vehicles.
- To assist those in danger, those who cannot care for themselves, and those in need of assistance.
- To protect individual constitutional rights.
- To resolve conflict threatening to life and property.
- To assist with the delivery of community services.
- To seek compliance with and enforce the laws of the United States, the State of Missouri, and the ordinances of University City.
The University City Police Department first became an internationally accredited Police Department in August 1996, one of the first in St. Louis County.
University City Police undergo extensive and ongoing training, including yearly active intruder training.